Introduction to PT = 0x21 and Mapping/Multiplexing 8 ODU0 Tributary Signals into an ODU2 Server Signal (PT = 0x21)
This blog post includes a video that:
- Introduces the viewer to the PT = 0x21 Scheme for Mapping/Multiplexing Lower-Speed ODUj Tributary Signals into an ODUk Server Signal, and
- Shows how we map and multiplex as many as 8 ODU0 Tributary Signals into an ODU2 Server Signal, using the PT = 0x21 Approach.
In this video, we discuss the following:
- Using the GMP (Generic Mapping Procedure) to map each ODU0 tributary signal into their respective ODTU2.1 signal/frames.
- How to combine these ODTU2.1 signals together and map them into an ODU2 payload.
- Transporting these GMP Justification parameters from the Source PTE (where we map/multiplex these ODU0 tributary signals into an ODU2 server signal) to the Sink PTE (where we de-multiplex and de-map out the ODU0 tributary signals).
- A review of the Multiplex Structure Identifier within this type of ODU2 signal.
You can view this video below.